Sunday, March 22, 2009

Introduction to "Another Testament of Jesus Christ"




The idea for setting up this blog page comes from a project that I had been working on while I was serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Switzerland. I had left some space in my study journal to record testimonies of Book of Mormon prophets, namely their testimonies of Jesus Christ. I had left some space for each Book of Mormon prophet, and as each prophet bore their testimony of Jesus Christ, I would write the reference down, so that I could read them again later.

My companion and I later on compiled a short book of these testimonies for an investigator who could not see how the Book of Mormon could be another testament of Jesus Christ. The book helped her see how the book does stand as another witness for the Saviour's divinity and mission as she read the suggested passages.

This evening I felt the inspiration that I should share with you the testimonies that I have found within the Book of Mormon. It is for this purpose that this blog page was created. I hope these testimonies will strengthen your testimony of Jesus Christ and his atonement, just as my testimony was strengthened as I read them. I know that the Book of Mormon does contain the word of God, and I know that as we study daily in the Book of Mormon, we can draw closer to God, just as Joseph Smith declared in the Introduction to the Book of Mormon: "I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book".

I leave you this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Rose10

No comments:

Post a Comment